Dr. Ami H. Shah is presently working as a HOD of Civil Engineering department at Smt. S R Patel Engineering College Unjha since Feb-2011. She has around 22 years of teaching experience and 1.5 year of industrial experience. Dr. Shah is a recipient of GTU Pedogogical award-2011 awarded by GTU innovation Council. She was also involved in government funded projects during M. Tech and Ph.D. Study. She has published good number of research papers in National and International Journals.
(2) Area of Interest
Road Safety, Highway Engineering, Traffic Engineering
Ph.D. (Transportation Engineering) from IIT Roorkee
M.Tech. (Transportation Engineering) from IIT Bombay
B.E. (Civil Engineering) from DDIT, Nadiad.
(4) Professional Experience
Dr. Shah is presently serving as a head of the department (Civil) at Smt. S R Patel Engineering College (Unjha) since Feb. 2011. She has professional experience of 22 years.
Dr. Shah has published/presented various technical papers in international/national journals and conferences. She has attended many faculty development programmes. Also she has attended various seminars and workshops. She has been actively involved as a coordinator and co-cordinator in various national level programs and seminars organized at institute. Dr. Shah has also delivered expert talks organized at various institutes
- . Dr. Ami Shah,Dr. M. Parida, Dr. S. S. Jain,“A Conceptual Approach for an Integrated Development of Urban Public Transport System”, Institute of Town Planners, India (ITPI) Journal, Published in Vol. 5, No. 3, July-Sept. 2008, pp. 50-59.
- . Dr. Ami Shah,Dr. M. Parida, Dr. S. S. Jain, “GIS-T in Transport Planning: A Review”, GIS India Journal, Published in Issue June and July, 2009.
- . Dr. Ami Shah,Dr. M. Parida, Dr. S. S. Jain, “Best Practices on Integrated Public Transport System: A World Scenario”, IUT Journal, Vol. 8, No. 1, December 2009, pp. 63-68.
- . Dr. Ami Shah,“Some recent results from GPS studies for 2001 Bhuj Earthquake” presented and published in Conference Proceeding of International conference Map Asia 2004, Beijing, China, 26-29 August, 2004.
- . Dr. Ami Shah,Dr. M. Parida , Dr. S. S. Jain,“Comparative Evaluation of Traffic Simulation Softwares for Modelling Urban Traffic”,presented and published in Conference Proceeding of International conference TPMDC 2008, IIT Bombay, 3-6 December, 2008.
- . Dr. Ami H. Shah, Dr. M. Parida, Dr. S. S. Jain,“Modelling and Forecasting of Passenger Ridership for Integrated Transit System in Delhi”,presented and published in Conference Proceeding of International conference The 12thInternational Conference of the International Association for Travel Behaviour Research (IATBR), Jaipur, 13-18 December, 2009.
- . Dr. Ami H. Shah,“Trip Distribution Modelling within Macro-simulation Frame Work” presented and published in Conference Proceedingof International conference TRANSTEC 2010,Delhi, 4-6 April, 2010.
- . Dr. Ami H. Shah,“Transit Network Scheduling for Feeder Bus Operation in Delhi” Presented and published in international conference Innovations in Travel Modeling (ITM) 2010 A Transportation Research Board Conference May 9-12, 2010 in Tempe, Arizona, USA.
- . Dr. Ami H. Shah,“Travel Behavior Analysis for Integrated Transit Strategy in Delhi”accepted in 24th ARRB conference, October 12-15, 2010, Melbourne, Victoria.
- . Dr. Ami H. Shah,“System Integration: A Step Forward for Sustainable Transport in Delhi”, accepted in XIV CODATUconference,October 25-27, 2010, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- . Dr. Ami H. Shah,“Role of Remote sensing and GIS in water pollution control” published in National Conference On Environmental Pollution And It’s Control – EPIC-06Rajasthan, India, 25-26 March, 2006.
- . Dr. Ami H. Shah,“Soil Moisture Detection by Remote Sensing” published inNational Conference on Environmental Conservation held at Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani (Rajasthan), India, 1-3 September, 2006.
- . Dr. Ami H. Shah,“January 2001 Bhuj Earthquake Studies with GPS” published in an International conference on Geo-informatics- ICORG-2006,Hydrabad, A.P., India, 2-4 June, 2006.
Dr. Ami H. Shah
Principal and Head of Department